$40K Developer Contest from Binpress
04 Feb 2011
is a marketplace
for code, where software developers can buy and sell source code from each other. And it's holding a developer contest
Binpress is looking for high quality code from professional developers that can be packaged, re-used and published in the Binpress marketplace.
- Grand Prizes of $17,000
- Two Runner Up Prizes of $13,000
- Six Best Submission per Language Prizes of $10,000.00
Contest submissions will be graded on the following attributes :
- Development style and methodology - intelligent use of software design techniques and patterns.
- Originality - how original is the submission.
- Usefulness - how useful is the submission.
Some idea suggestions are:
- Integrate popular APIs (such as Amazon or Paypal) into popular frameworks and platforms.
- Create an administration panel to manage common entities in web applications (such as users)
- Develop a standalone solution to handle media from multiple sources and formats
- Be creative - but also develop something useful.
The contest is a great opportunity for developers to get exposure and make some money.
It is also is a great way for Binpress to create awareness of their source-code marketplace, the process around publishing code and grow their developer community.
Sponsors include Google, Amazon Web Services
, and Paypal.