Posted on 02-08-2011
The mobile photo sharing site Instagram officially launched an API this evening. This comes just under a month after the company asked developers to stop using a rogue API that was reverse engineered by an outside developer. Instagram is accepting signups for access to their new API at: Kevin Systrom, Instagram CEO says, That the first step to creating a lasting company is to work with the many talented developers out there in the world. Instagram addreses image security and reassures that users will retain full ownership and privacy controls over all images. The Instagram API merely allows talented developers to create really neat and useful apps for you to get more out of your images.
- Instagram Releases API to Expand Beyond iPhone (mashable.com)
- Instagram API Accepting Sign-ups for Public Beta (programmableweb.com)
- Instagram Shifting Focus to an Open Platform With API (macstories.net)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Maybe I Am Missing Something, But Where Is Your Pricing Page?
- I Find It Interesting That Wordnik Created The API Definition Format Swagger
- Autogenerate Runscope-powered API SDKs Using APIMatic
- Where Do We Start With APIs At The University of Oklahoma?
- What I Would Look For When Hiring a Modern API Developer?
- The U.S. International Trade Commission Includes APIs In Latest Report
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week