Posted on 02-13-2011
OAuth is an open protocol to allow secure API authorization for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and other devices. When OAuth is implemented for an API, it provides benefits for potentially three types of users involved:
- API Owners - Allows web application and API owners publish data in a standardized and protected way.
- Web Application Users - Allow users of web applications to open access to their data and resources in a secure way.
- Developers - Provides developers with a standard method for building applications that integrate with APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits