Posted on 02-13-2011
OAuth is an open protocol to allow secure API authorization for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and other devices. When OAuth is implemented for an API, it provides benefits for potentially three types of users involved:
- API Owners - Allows web application and API owners publish data in a standardized and protected way.
- Web Application Users - Allow users of web applications to open access to their data and resources in a secure way.
- Developers - Provides developers with a standard method for building applications that integrate with APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization