Posted on 02-13-2011
OAuth is an open protocol to allow secure API authorization for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and other devices. When OAuth is implemented for an API, it provides benefits for potentially three types of users involved:
- API Owners - Allows web application and API owners publish data in a standardized and protected way.
- Web Application Users - Allow users of web applications to open access to their data and resources in a secure way.
- Developers - Provides developers with a standard method for building applications that integrate with APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Common Building Blocks of Cloud APIs
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use