Posted on 02-15-2011
The other day I noticed three new APIs that were launched by mobile providers. Just two days after I wrote that up, I saw the announcement of several more APIs from mobileproviders. Here are seven more mobile providers that are delivering APIs: Deutsche Telekom Developer Garden provides community, documentation, code, applications and much more around their APIs:
- Send SMS API - Send short messages to mobile or landline.
- Send MMS API - Send multimedia short message service (MMS)
- Conference Call API - Establish voice connections with multiple participants.
- Voice Call API - Establish voice connections between two user.
- IP Location API - Locate Internet users with their IP addresses.
- 3D Landscape API - 3D Landscape API for integration o realistic 3D MAPS.
- Async Voice API - Enables voice communication using small voice snippets, recorded in the browser, delivered in near real-time to all participants in a conversation.
- CAPTCHA API - Provides a challenge-response test to stop a computer accessing a website or application.
- Cluster Constructor API - Allows the creation of services that can distinguish complex patterns and make intelligent decisions.
- Converting Media API - Makes media files adapt in size, codec and format to suit almost any device.
- EventSource API - Provides access to use HTML5 server sent events in any current web browser.
- Face Detector API - Enables applications to locate faces in images taken by mobile devices.
- Group Voice Mixer API - Allows group voice and chat services with ad-hoc voice chat room or conference.
- Mobile Identification API - Allows mobile identification so application personalized content for individual users.
- Mobile Location API - Allows use a mobile phone user's current CELL-ID to obtain their geographical location.
- Mobile Maps API - Provides mobile mapping services.
- Mobile Network Lookup API - Provides application personalization by delivering them in the users' native languages or through localized advertisements.
- Mobile Push API - Allows applications to push content directly to one or more mobile phones.
- Mobile Web Security Bootstrap API - Provides services to establish SHARED SECRET KEYS between an application server and a mobile web client. The key can be used to secure mobile applications require authentication, data confidentiality and integrity, and single sign on.
- Network Probe API - Provides services measure certain characteristics of network IP connectivity, firewalls and Network Address Translators.
- OAuth2 Framework API - Service enabling authentication and authorization allowing developer to securely access web services using OAuth2.
- Sensor Networking Application Platform API - Services for reading, storing and manipulating sensor descriptions and data for integrating the virtual internet world with the physical world.
- SMS API - Provides SMS sending and receiving services for applications.
- Streaming Media API - Stream media to mobile devices.
- Tag Tool API - Provides tag-based services forNear Field Communication, and create NFC and RFID TAGS according to NFC Forum specifications; list all created and deployed tags and see what they contain; and keep track of the position of a tag.
- Text to Speech API - Develop web and mobile applications with the text-to-speech enabler to provide services that can speak aloud. The API consists of a simple web interface as well as an Android SDK wrapping the REST API for translating text to audio data in the requested format.
- Web Background Service API - Enables web applications to run partly in the background, even when the browser is not running.
- Web Connectivity API - Connect and send messages between webapplications, pages and servers, using a unified addressing and messaging system.
- Web Device Connectivity API - Provides connectivity between end users' devices and web applications.
- Web Location API - Provides location data from a mobile phone using the positioning systems of mobile operators.
- Web Maps API - Provides dynamic maps for application integration.
- Multimedia Conference API - For organizing and managing web and audio conferences.
- Location API - Allows applications to get geographic coordinates of a given Orange France mobile phone or a fleet.
- SMS Internet API - Allows applications to inform, alert, collect information or broadcast instructions remotely.
- Click-To-Call API - Establishes phone calls between two numbers from a web application.
- Machine-to-Machine Communications API - Connectivity service for managing and monitoring scattered or inaccessible machines, optimize and automate industrial processes of deployment and production.
- Authentication API - Provides access to user personal account APIs.
- Calendar API - Provides access and updating to the calendar of an Orange France customer.
- Contacts API - Allows applications to access and update the Orange address book of an Orange France customer.
- Content API - Allows applications access to Orange France customers virtual data storage.
- Favorites API - Enables adding of new links to the favourites of an Orange France customer.
- Messages API - Provides access to information about the messages received (email and web SMS) of an Orange France customer.
- Photos API - Enables applications to access and update the photo albums of an Orange France customer.
- Profile API - Provides access to profile information of an Orange France customer.
- RichProfile API - Provides access to more profile information of an Orange France customer.
- Payline API - Allows developers to implement electronic payments for their applications.
- Network Delivery Platform API - Services for sending SMS, MMS, Querying Phone Type, and WAP Push.
- SaaS Deliver Platform API - Provides single sign on (SS) and user management services to SingTel SaaS customers on myBusiness.
- InSing Business Search API - Provides access to Singtel's 150,000 Singapore geocoded, business listing.
- Communication API - Makes it possible to integrate call or messaging functionality in applications.
- Customer Info API - Makes it possible to integrate customer information from Telenors network into third party applications.
- Payment API - Makes Telenors value chain for billing accessible to partners and service providers, who deliver services to Telenor subscribers, to bill their customers via Telenor.
- Machine-to-Machine Communications API - Provides integrated connectivity solutions into machines, devices and vehicles of different kinds.
- Address Book API - Enables widgets to interact with the phone's on-board address book and calendar, and create new address book and calendar entries, search for and read existing entries, export entries as VCards, and respond to calendar alerts.
- Audio API - Enables widgets to play many common types of audio files, and provides a basic player interface that allows play, pause, resume, and stop functions as well as repeat playing of local and remote files.
- Accelerometer API - Provides access to the device's accelerometer, which determines the position and movement of the device.
- Calls API - Make and receive calls, click-to-call, and call bridging.
- Media API - Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF), .WAV and .MP3 file manager.
- Message API - SMS, Transcribing Voice-to-Text, Audio Recording and event notifications.
- Device API - Services for registering devices getting phone numbers, land lines, and call forwarding.
- Access API - User authentication services.
- Contact API - Services for creating contact lists, adding, editing and tagging contacts.
- Mobile Provider APIs (apievangelist.com)
- Orange France, Scanbuy team-up on Flashcode mobile barcode service (intomobile.com)
- API Status Dashboard with Pingdom (apievangelist.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract