Posted on 02-28-2011
One way to make sure your API has qualified and reputable developers from day one is to tap into an existing freelance developer community. Popular freelance sites like Elance provide existing communities of developers with the skills an API owner or partner is looking for. Elance provides access to their developer communities via a RESTful API. Using the Elance API, I have built a plug and play API developer community. My API Evangelist, API Developer Community prototype provides an example of what is possible when tapping into existing developer communities to satisfy the development needs of a new API community. My API developer community provides the following tools:
- Browse Developers (by tag) - Allows users to browse developers by categories (tags) that are predefined. Settings to allow API owner to only display the type of developers, skills and tags that are relevant.
- All Developers Listing - Provides a paged results of all developers for an API area.
- Search Developer (by Name, Details, Tag) - A single keyword search textbox that provides a search results of Elance Providers.
- Developer Detail / Profile Page - Displays a single user profile page with selected fields by API owner.
- Featured Developer (Single Widget) - Displays a single random and/or highest rated developer profile.
|<< Previous||Next >>|
- Building My API Community with Elance (kinlane.com)
- Module Exposes Drupal Resources as RESTful API (apievangelist.com)
- Why We Love the Zappos API: 3 Tips for API Design (apigee.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems