Posted on 02-28-2011
One way to make sure your API has qualified and reputable developers from day one is to tap into an existing freelance developer community. Popular freelance sites like Elance provide existing communities of developers with the skills an API owner or partner is looking for. Elance provides access to their developer communities via a RESTful API. Using the Elance API, I have built a plug and play API developer community. My API Evangelist, API Developer Community prototype provides an example of what is possible when tapping into existing developer communities to satisfy the development needs of a new API community. My API developer community provides the following tools:
- Browse Developers (by tag) - Allows users to browse developers by categories (tags) that are predefined. Settings to allow API owner to only display the type of developers, skills and tags that are relevant.
- All Developers Listing - Provides a paged results of all developers for an API area.
- Search Developer (by Name, Details, Tag) - A single keyword search textbox that provides a search results of Elance Providers.
- Developer Detail / Profile Page - Displays a single user profile page with selected fields by API owner.
- Featured Developer (Single Widget) - Displays a single random and/or highest rated developer profile.
|<< Previous||Next >>|
- Building My API Community with Elance (kinlane.com)
- Module Exposes Drupal Resources as RESTful API (apievangelist.com)
- Why We Love the Zappos API: 3 Tips for API Design (apigee.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills
- Finding Good API Developer Talent Is Hard
- Common Building Blocks Of API Design
- APIs Coming Out Of The Netherlands
- API Evangelism Strategy: Landscape Analysis
- APIs At Your University
- API Evangelists Are A Thoughtful Voice That Spreads Awareness And Encourages Participation