Posted on 03-25-2011
Watchmouse, a website and application performance monitoring service launched a new report that monitors the top 50 most popular APIs as ranked by ProgrammableWeb. A few of the APIs included in the report include are Google Maps, Google Search, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Microsoft Virtual Earth, and Wikipedia. Ten APIs delivered 100% uptime during the reporting period including Basecamp, Delicious, eBay, goo.gl, Google Buzz, Google Charts, Google Maps, Google Search, Quora, and SimpleGeo. API availability is extremely important to developers that are are integrating APIs into their applications, and knowing the track record of an API is valuable information for any developer considering adoption of an API. Watchmouse provides API performance monitoring as a service for any API owner, not just for popular APIs.
- Explorers Open API Access Beyond Developers (apievangelist.com)
- API downtime: Who's asleep at the wheel? (venturebeat.com)
- 28 APIs Used in 7 Days: Twitter, Bing, Amazon and Google Maps (programmableweb.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper