Posted on 04-01-2011
Factual has announced a new contest. They are encouraging users to buid an app that uses both IndexTank real-time custom search API and Factual's dataset of 14M US businesses. Contest Prizes are:
- First Place - IPad 2
- Second Place - Parrot Quadcopter Air Drone
- Third Place - Amazon Kindle
- The extent to which it takes advantage of IndexTank's features and Factual's data.
- Extra points if you incorporate Factual's RESTful write API to allow for your users to edit the data.
- Extra points for making the source code publicly available (GitHub, Google Code, etc.) within 24 hours of the contest deadline.
- Diego Basch, CEO IndexTank (@dbasch)
- Bill Michels, Factual VP Developer Platform (@bill_michels)
- Nelson Cheng (Angel Investor & Filmaker)
- Othman Laraki, Twitter / GeoAPI (@othman)
- Contest begins April 1st at 12:01 am, Pacific Daylight Saving Time.
- Contest ends April 15th, 2011 at noon, Pacific Daylight Saving Time?.
- Notification of winners on April 25th, 2011
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization