Posted on 04-01-2011
Factual has announced a new contest. They are encouraging users to buid an app that uses both IndexTank real-time custom search API and Factual's dataset of 14M US businesses. Contest Prizes are:
- First Place - IPad 2
- Second Place - Parrot Quadcopter Air Drone
- Third Place - Amazon Kindle
- The extent to which it takes advantage of IndexTank's features and Factual's data.
- Extra points if you incorporate Factual's RESTful write API to allow for your users to edit the data.
- Extra points for making the source code publicly available (GitHub, Google Code, etc.) within 24 hours of the contest deadline.
- Diego Basch, CEO IndexTank (@dbasch)
- Bill Michels, Factual VP Developer Platform (@bill_michels)
- Nelson Cheng (Angel Investor & Filmaker)
- Othman Laraki, Twitter / GeoAPI (@othman)
- Contest begins April 1st at 12:01 am, Pacific Daylight Saving Time.
- Contest ends April 15th, 2011 at noon, Pacific Daylight Saving Time?.
- Notification of winners on April 25th, 2011
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr