Posted on 04-01-2011
Factual has announced a new contest. They are encouraging users to buid an app that uses both IndexTank real-time custom search API and Factual's dataset of 14M US businesses. Contest Prizes are:
- First Place - IPad 2
- Second Place - Parrot Quadcopter Air Drone
- Third Place - Amazon Kindle
- The extent to which it takes advantage of IndexTank's features and Factual's data.
- Extra points if you incorporate Factual's RESTful write API to allow for your users to edit the data.
- Extra points for making the source code publicly available (GitHub, Google Code, etc.) within 24 hours of the contest deadline.
- Diego Basch, CEO IndexTank (@dbasch)
- Bill Michels, Factual VP Developer Platform (@bill_michels)
- Nelson Cheng (Angel Investor & Filmaker)
- Othman Laraki, Twitter / GeoAPI (@othman)
- Contest begins April 1st at 12:01 am, Pacific Daylight Saving Time.
- Contest ends April 15th, 2011 at noon, Pacific Daylight Saving Time?.
- Notification of winners on April 25th, 2011
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Where Do We Start With APIs At The University of Oklahoma?
- What I Would Look For When Hiring a Modern API Developer?
- The U.S. International Trade Commission Includes APIs In Latest Report
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions