Posted on 04-01-2011
Factual has announced a new contest. They are encouraging users to buid an app that uses both IndexTank real-time custom search API and Factual's dataset of 14M US businesses. Contest Prizes are:
- First Place - IPad 2
- Second Place - Parrot Quadcopter Air Drone
- Third Place - Amazon Kindle
- The extent to which it takes advantage of IndexTank's features and Factual's data.
- Extra points if you incorporate Factual's RESTful write API to allow for your users to edit the data.
- Extra points for making the source code publicly available (GitHub, Google Code, etc.) within 24 hours of the contest deadline.
- Diego Basch, CEO IndexTank (@dbasch)
- Bill Michels, Factual VP Developer Platform (@bill_michels)
- Nelson Cheng (Angel Investor & Filmaker)
- Othman Laraki, Twitter / GeoAPI (@othman)
- Contest begins April 1st at 12:01 am, Pacific Daylight Saving Time.
- Contest ends April 15th, 2011 at noon, Pacific Daylight Saving Time?.
- Notification of winners on April 25th, 2011
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io
- The APIs I Depend On To Run API Evangelist
- Service Composition for My Screen Capture API
- Liberate Government Data By Deploying Web APIs With Solr
- Moving Beyond My Basic 3Scale API Infrastructure Plan