Factual Dataset + IndexTank API Contest
01 Apr 2011
Factual has announced a new contest
. They are encouraging users to buid an app that uses both IndexTank real-time custom search API and Factual's dataset of 14M US businesses.
Contest Prizes are:
- First Place - IPad 2
- Second Place - Parrot Quadcopter Air Drone
- Third Place - Amazon Kindle
All contest particpants who submit a live app get a free t-shirt from IndexTank & Factual and featured in IndexTank's App Gallery
Contest participants are charged with building innovative local business apps using the two services:
- IndexTank - Real-Time Custom Search API
- Factual - Business datasets
To get started:
Contest submissions are judged upon the following criteria:
- The extent to which it takes advantage of IndexTank's features and Factual's data.
- Extra points if you incorporate Factual's RESTful write API to allow for your users to edit the data.
- Extra points for making the source code publicly available (GitHub, Google Code, etc.) within 24 hours of the contest deadline.
Contest judges are:
- Diego Basch, CEO IndexTank (@dbasch)
- Bill Michels, Factual VP Developer Platform (@bill_michels)
- Nelson Cheng (Angel Investor & Filmaker)
- Othman Laraki, Twitter / GeoAPI (@othman)
Contest dates are:
- Contest begins April 1st at 12:01 am, Pacific Daylight Saving Time.
- Contest ends April 15th, 2011 at noon, Pacific Daylight Saving Time?.
- Notification of winners on April 25th, 2011
Visit, the Factual blog for more information
and you can email them at [email protected]