Posted on 04-08-2011
In addition to the growth in number of APIs, and the evolution ofBizDev 2.0, there is a rise in self-service application platforms accompanying APIs, within many cloud platforms. Platforms such as Google Apps and Box.net are adding these self-service application development environments within their API ecosystem. Each platform has its own approach to this type of self-service architecture, but there are many similar characteristics:
- Applications - Interface for defining new application characteristics.
- OpenID / OAuth / User Resource Access - Secure and granular access to users profile and resources.
- Development Environment - Controlled, secure environment for developers to build applications in.
- Application Branding - Branding of application and its profile on a platform.
- Application Approval Process - Approval process for bringing applications live.
- Marketplace Environment - Public or private marketplaces for developers to publish applications and platform users to browse / add applications.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization
- Project Idea: Codenvy-Like Containerized Spreadsheets