Posted on 04-08-2011
In addition to the growth in number of APIs, and the evolution ofBizDev 2.0, there is a rise in self-service application platforms accompanying APIs, within many cloud platforms. Platforms such as Google Apps and Box.net are adding these self-service application development environments within their API ecosystem. Each platform has its own approach to this type of self-service architecture, but there are many similar characteristics:
- Applications - Interface for defining new application characteristics.
- OpenID / OAuth / User Resource Access - Secure and granular access to users profile and resources.
- Development Environment - Controlled, secure environment for developers to build applications in.
- Application Branding - Branding of application and its profile on a platform.
- Application Approval Process - Approval process for bringing applications live.
- Marketplace Environment - Public or private marketplaces for developers to publish applications and platform users to browse / add applications.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io
- The APIs I Depend On To Run API Evangelist
- Service Composition for My Screen Capture API
- Liberate Government Data By Deploying Web APIs With Solr
- Moving Beyond My Basic 3Scale API Infrastructure Plan