Posted on 04-08-2011
In addition to the growth in number of APIs, and the evolution ofBizDev 2.0, there is a rise in self-service application platforms accompanying APIs, within many cloud platforms. Platforms such as Google Apps and Box.net are adding these self-service application development environments within their API ecosystem. Each platform has its own approach to this type of self-service architecture, but there are many similar characteristics:
- Applications - Interface for defining new application characteristics.
- OpenID / OAuth / User Resource Access - Secure and granular access to users profile and resources.
- Development Environment - Controlled, secure environment for developers to build applications in.
- Application Branding - Branding of application and its profile on a platform.
- Application Approval Process - Approval process for bringing applications live.
- Marketplace Environment - Public or private marketplaces for developers to publish applications and platform users to browse / add applications.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API