Posted on 04-09-2011
A group of innovators called BlablabLAB have integrated a Kinect with a 3-D printer to print personalized statues.
BlablabLAB setup an interactive art installation on the streets of Barcelona, which allows users to stand in a structure surrounded by three Kinect sensors.
The sensors capture a 360-degree video of the person, then sends details to a low-resolution 3-D printer, which spits out a small thermoplastic figurine.
You can watch a video on the BlablabLAB project over at Vimeo.
Its a pretty cool low cost, high tech approach to personalized printing.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io