Posted on 04-09-2011
A group of innovators called BlablabLAB have integrated a Kinect with a 3-D printer to print personalized statues.
BlablabLAB setup an interactive art installation on the streets of Barcelona, which allows users to stand in a structure surrounded by three Kinect sensors.
The sensors capture a 360-degree video of the person, then sends details to a low-resolution 3-D printer, which spits out a small thermoplastic figurine.
You can watch a video on the BlablabLAB project over at Vimeo.
Its a pretty cool low cost, high tech approach to personalized printing.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs