Posted on 04-09-2011
A group of innovators called BlablabLAB have integrated a Kinect with a 3-D printer to print personalized statues.
BlablabLAB setup an interactive art installation on the streets of Barcelona, which allows users to stand in a structure surrounded by three Kinect sensors.
The sensors capture a 360-degree video of the person, then sends details to a low-resolution 3-D printer, which spits out a small thermoplastic figurine.
You can watch a video on the BlablabLAB project over at Vimeo.
Its a pretty cool low cost, high tech approach to personalized printing.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke