Posted on 04-09-2011
A group of innovators called BlablabLAB have integrated a Kinect with a 3-D printer to print personalized statues.
BlablabLAB setup an interactive art installation on the streets of Barcelona, which allows users to stand in a structure surrounded by three Kinect sensors.
The sensors capture a 360-degree video of the person, then sends details to a low-resolution 3-D printer, which spits out a small thermoplastic figurine.
You can watch a video on the BlablabLAB project over at Vimeo.
Its a pretty cool low cost, high tech approach to personalized printing.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization