Posted on 04-13-2011
I am slowly working my way through hundreds of APIs and doing business reviews of their approach to delivering their APIs. At API Evangelist I'm focused on the business of APIs, with a minor focus on the technology behind those APIs. So when I publish a business review of an API, I will add it to my API database, then move on. That is, unless I identify a story -- an innovative approach, monetization strategy, or anything that I feel needs to be talked about in more detail. While reviewing the Freshbooks API I found three notable building blocks:
- Application Billing - A built in billing and payment framework for Freshbook applications and beyond
- Webhooks - Framework for enabling application callbacks, URLs where the Freshbook system can send notifications to third party applications
- FreshBooks Add-on Store - Application store and development platform for developers to build custom apps, showcase, and sell to Freshbook customers.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)