Posted on 04-23-2011
The ability to send email invitations to other potential users is a pretty common tool in place in many applications, helping them hopefully to expand their user-base. Phaxio, an API that allows developers to integrate faxing capabilities into their applications, has email invitation as a main menu option in its API area. The Phaxio API is in private beta, but existing users can send off a Phaxio invitation code that allows other developers to discover and sign up for the faxing service. Application email invites are clearly not something new. And with the growth of social media, it may be that sharing via Twitter or Facebook has become more associated with the steps necessary to make things "go viral." Nevertheless, having the ability to send out invitations via email can still provide essential word-of-mouth marketing for your API and shouldn't be overlooked.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs