Posted on 04-25-2011
I'm spending time going through RedHat's Deltacloud set of cloud APIs. They recently recently moved the project to the Apache Incubator and submitted it to the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) . With the Deltacloud API you can start an instance on an internal cloud, then with the same code start another on Amazon EC2 or Rackspace. This seems like the closest thing we have at the moment, to a true cloud API standard. Deltacloud Core provides:
- REST API
- Backward compatibility across versions
- View image status and stats across clouds, all in one place
- Migrate instances from one cloud to another
- Manage images locally and provision them on any cloud
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Maybe I Am Missing Something, But Where Is Your Pricing Page?
- I Find It Interesting That Wordnik Created The API Definition Format Swagger
- Autogenerate Runscope-powered API SDKs Using APIMatic
- Where Do We Start With APIs At The University of Oklahoma?
- What I Would Look For When Hiring a Modern API Developer?
- The U.S. International Trade Commission Includes APIs In Latest Report
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week