Posted on 05-18-2011
When it comes to creating 3D models for 3D printing there are many types of software to choose from.
3D software solutions range from commercial to free, and can be desktop or part of a newer evolution of web-based applications.
One major player that was acquired by Google, is SketchUp. SketchUp is building a large following of amateur and professional 3D designers and creators.
Many software solutions like Sketchup and Shapeways are finding success by simplifying the 3D modeling process and making it accessible by anyone.
As many software solutions move online it opens up the possibility for data portability, collaboration and many other aspects that will fuel growth in 3D printing.
3D modeling software is a critical link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API