Posted on 05-18-2011
When it comes to creating 3D models for 3D printing there are many types of software to choose from.
3D software solutions range from commercial to free, and can be desktop or part of a newer evolution of web-based applications.
One major player that was acquired by Google, is SketchUp. SketchUp is building a large following of amateur and professional 3D designers and creators.
Many software solutions like Sketchup and Shapeways are finding success by simplifying the 3D modeling process and making it accessible by anyone.
As many software solutions move online it opens up the possibility for data portability, collaboration and many other aspects that will fuel growth in 3D printing.
3D modeling software is a critical link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills