Posted on 05-18-2011
When it comes to creating 3D models for 3D printing there are many types of software to choose from.
3D software solutions range from commercial to free, and can be desktop or part of a newer evolution of web-based applications.
One major player that was acquired by Google, is SketchUp. SketchUp is building a large following of amateur and professional 3D designers and creators.
Many software solutions like Sketchup and Shapeways are finding success by simplifying the 3D modeling process and making it accessible by anyone.
As many software solutions move online it opens up the possibility for data portability, collaboration and many other aspects that will fuel growth in 3D printing.
3D modeling software is a critical link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io
- The APIs I Depend On To Run API Evangelist
- Service Composition for My Screen Capture API
- Liberate Government Data By Deploying Web APIs With Solr
- Moving Beyond My Basic 3Scale API Infrastructure Plan
- Next Steps For My Screen Capture API
- The Levers, Dials, And Switches For Your Participation In The API Economy
- Help Improve This Content: Another Reason To Deploy API Developer Area on Github
- Exploring What Is Next For The Green Button API