Posted on 05-18-2011
3D printing is about delivering a virtual object as a physical object, on demand.
This is where our current shipping industry steps in; UPS, Fedex, USPS, DHS and other shipping providers will make sure we receive our 3D printed objects.
With growing fuel costs, the need for localized delivery will grow, and here is another area where 3D printing will excel.
3D printers can be localized and deliver parts and products locally, with only the need to ship raw materials.
As the green revolution continues, 3D printing will become a key player providing localized manufacturing, and potentially printing made of more sustainable raw materials.
Delivery logistics will be a final and decisive link in an evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)