Posted on 05-18-2011
Just like it takes creators to develop 3D models of physical objects, it takes makers, who are people that actually bring these virtual representations into the world.
3D printers do most of the work, but it takes someone who knows the machine, materials and process to bring these 3D models to life.
Many industries will adopt 3D printing, increasing the need for specialized talent understanding the needs of each sector, and how the printers, process and materials serve these sectors.
Creators will understand objects in a virtual format, and makers will understand them in a physical form.
3D printing is still a relatively new technology and will require constant improving as it evolves, makers will feed this evolution, and provide the knowledge to move the industry forward.
Makers are are another important human link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API