Posted on 05-18-2011
Just like it takes creators to develop 3D models of physical objects, it takes makers, who are people that actually bring these virtual representations into the world.
3D printers do most of the work, but it takes someone who knows the machine, materials and process to bring these 3D models to life.
Many industries will adopt 3D printing, increasing the need for specialized talent understanding the needs of each sector, and how the printers, process and materials serve these sectors.
Creators will understand objects in a virtual format, and makers will understand them in a physical form.
3D printing is still a relatively new technology and will require constant improving as it evolves, makers will feed this evolution, and provide the knowledge to move the industry forward.
Makers are are another important human link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke