Posted on 05-18-2011
Just like it takes creators to develop 3D models of physical objects, it takes makers, who are people that actually bring these virtual representations into the world.
3D printers do most of the work, but it takes someone who knows the machine, materials and process to bring these 3D models to life.
Many industries will adopt 3D printing, increasing the need for specialized talent understanding the needs of each sector, and how the printers, process and materials serve these sectors.
Creators will understand objects in a virtual format, and makers will understand them in a physical form.
3D printing is still a relatively new technology and will require constant improving as it evolves, makers will feed this evolution, and provide the knowledge to move the industry forward.
Makers are are another important human link in the evolving 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization