Posted on 05-18-2011
With the growing number of 3D models used in 3D printing there is a building need for warehouse space to store these virtual products, and parts.
Of course this is virtual warehouse space, but it has a lot of the same characteristics of warehousing for physical products.
3D Warehouses need to provide search-able, sharable and collaborative spaces that are affordable for designers to store and retrieve their work.
As 3D printing becomes a larger part of the global manufacturing supply chain, virtual warehousing across the globe will also become necessary to provide localized storage solutions.
3D printing offers significant advantages over traditional manufacturing when it comes to warehousing, but it still will be a critical part of the 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant