Posted on 05-18-2011
With the growing number of 3D models used in 3D printing there is a building need for warehouse space to store these virtual products, and parts.
Of course this is virtual warehouse space, but it has a lot of the same characteristics of warehousing for physical products.
3D Warehouses need to provide search-able, sharable and collaborative spaces that are affordable for designers to store and retrieve their work.
As 3D printing becomes a larger part of the global manufacturing supply chain, virtual warehousing across the globe will also become necessary to provide localized storage solutions.
3D printing offers significant advantages over traditional manufacturing when it comes to warehousing, but it still will be a critical part of the 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)