Posted on 05-18-2011
With the growing number of 3D models used in 3D printing there is a building need for warehouse space to store these virtual products, and parts.
Of course this is virtual warehouse space, but it has a lot of the same characteristics of warehousing for physical products.
3D Warehouses need to provide search-able, sharable and collaborative spaces that are affordable for designers to store and retrieve their work.
As 3D printing becomes a larger part of the global manufacturing supply chain, virtual warehousing across the globe will also become necessary to provide localized storage solutions.
3D printing offers significant advantages over traditional manufacturing when it comes to warehousing, but it still will be a critical part of the 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API