Posted on 05-18-2011
With the growing number of 3D models used in 3D printing there is a building need for warehouse space to store these virtual products, and parts.
Of course this is virtual warehouse space, but it has a lot of the same characteristics of warehousing for physical products.
3D Warehouses need to provide search-able, sharable and collaborative spaces that are affordable for designers to store and retrieve their work.
As 3D printing becomes a larger part of the global manufacturing supply chain, virtual warehousing across the globe will also become necessary to provide localized storage solutions.
3D printing offers significant advantages over traditional manufacturing when it comes to warehousing, but it still will be a critical part of the 3D print and manufacturing supply chain.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day