Posted on 05-21-2011
The Google APIs Console is an interface for developers to manage and view traffic data, authentication, and billing information for up to 15 Google APIs, and more coming soon. Developers can bundle a collection of APIs into a project, and manage the following project information:
- Activated APIs - APIs can be activated to enable traffic monitoring, filtering, and billing, and API-specific project pages.
- Traffic information - Console reports show traffic information for each activated API, and allow for capping or filtering of usage for each API.
- Billing information - APIs now can have billing activated, allowing them to exceed the courtesy usage quota. Usage fees are billed using Google Checkout and charges are invoiced monthly.
- Project keys - Each project can be identified by either an API key or an OAuth 2.0 token. Using this key/token in API requests will identify the project, and enable the recording of usage data, filtering restrictions, and bill usage to the proper project. Within the Console developers can generate or revoke API keys or OAuth 2.0 certificates for specific application.
- Team members - Team members can be established with read, write, or ownership access to each project's Console page.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet