Posted on 05-21-2011
TheGoogle APIs Discovery Service provides a set of web APIs for discovering metadata across Google APIs. The discovery service delivers a JSON-based API that provides a directory of supported Google APIs, and a machine-readable discovery document"for each of the supported APIs that includes:
- List of API resource schemas based on JSON Schema
- List of API methods and available parameters for each method
- Available OAuth 2.0 scopes for each API
- Inline documentation of methods, parameters and available parameter values
APIs Directory Resource
- Identification and description information, including name, version, title, and description.
- Documentation information, including icons and a documentation link.
- Status information, including status labels, and an indication as to whether or not this is the preferred version of the API.
- Discovery document link, the URI of the discovery document for this API
Discovery Document Resource
- Schemas, which is a list of API resource schemas that describe the data you have access to in each API
- Methods, including a list of API methods and available parameters for each method.
- OAuth scopes, which identifies the list of OAuth scopes available for this API.
- Inline documentation, which provides brief descriptions of schemas, methods, parameters and available parameter values.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills
- Finding Good API Developer Talent Is Hard
- Common Building Blocks Of API Design