"Loggly Introduces User Defined, Variable Pricing"Loggly recently changed the structure for their cloud-based logging service from a tiered pricing, to a user-defined variable pricing structure.
Users can define their own pricing tier using two key variables:
- Daily Log Volume - 200MB to 8 GB
- Log Retention Time - 1 Week to 180 Days
Loggly still offers a free plan which supports 200MB/day and retention of 7 days. There is also a beginning paid plan that starts with 200MB/day, but has retention of 15 days, starting at $8/month.
Loggly is also adding support for secure syslog (TLS), HTTPs on web inputs, and log archives on all account levels including the free plan.
This is a great example of Software as a Service (SaaS) and API service providers innovating around monetization and trying to find the best approach that fits their customers needs and the services they offer.
- Stack Your Logs In One Place With Loggly (programmableweb.com)
- Google APIs Console (apievangelist.com)
- Google APIs Explorer (apievangelist.com)