Posted on 05-28-2011
We are in the middle of an era of unprecedented growth in the number of available web APIs. In March 2011 ProgrammableWeb hit 3000 APIs in its directory, and is already up to 3,287 APIs as of today. This is nothing. If you want a glimpse into the future of APIs, take a look at Evrythng. Evrythng allows you to create online presence for any sort of object - products, business assets, vehicles, trees, buildings, and beyond. Evrythng then gives you a management system to organise and operate an online presence forobjects, storing active profiles and updates, controlling access, and tracking usage. Evrythng creates a unique online identity for every object, providing a presence on the Web through a globally accessible URI. Now this is where it really gets good. Evrythng also provides a RESTful API toolset and secure software �infrastructure' to share, manage and access real-time information about physical things. Using the Evrythng API, you can directly connect real world objects and databases to Evrythng, allowing developers to mashup object information, add and exchange information with other objects, then combine and coordinate information and interaction across multiple applications and interfaces. Evrythng wants to be the �Facebook for Things', giving physical things an individualdigital profile, and share real-time object information in a managed way. If you think there are a lot of web APIs now, wait until every object on earth can potentially be accessed through APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills