API Basics for Retail Companies from Best Buy
03 Jun 2011Kumar Kandaswamy, Director of Open API Platform Business for Best Buy, spoke at Mashery's The Evolution of Distribution event today. Kandaswamy offered some practical advice for retail companies that are deciding how and where to start with their API deployments. His suggestions included the following areas:
- Product APIs- Make your product catalog available via your API is fundamental.
- Store APIs - Give local store information including location and product availability is powerful.
- Review APIs - Deliver practical product reviews in a usable way to help consumer make purchasing decisions.
- Commerce APIs - Provide seamless purchasing and product fulfillment through at-home delivery, in-store pick-up, partner e-commerce sites, and web-based applications.
- Mashery - Evolution of Distribution (apievangelist.com)
- Should We Be Limiting Developers API Usage? (programmableweb.com)
- Enhance Traffic Controls and Billing with Google APIs Console (programmableweb.com)