Posted on 06-17-2011
SOA Software just launched a new API management platform called, Atmosphere. Atmosphere provides a secure, platform that companies can deploy to manage their APIs for either a private or public developer community. The Atmosphere platform gives API providers a management interface to define APIs using a wide range of messaging types and formats including REST/XML, REST/JSON and SOAP. The platform also provides paging and caching mechanisms to improve app performance. Atmosphere also provides security capabilities that allow API providers to control and monitor app's usage of the APIs. While also protecting internal applications from overload, as well as provide customers with service-level guarantee through QoS management for SLAs and quotas. These tools for monitoring and managing consumer contracts and traffic can also be applied to enable monetization of APIs. The Atmosphere API Management can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud, or a combination of the two. Providing the flexibility and scalability needed by many providers. The Atmosphere API Management platform is one of the newest players in the API management space, a growing playing field of providers targeting the enterprise.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io