Posted on 06-17-2011
Posterous recently launched a new API giving users access to all the functionality available through the Posterous web interface. Instead of just delivering documentation for the Poserous API, they went a step further and made the documentation smarter, and more interactive. Think API explorer meets API documentation. The Posterous API documentation provides a list of all API services, endpoints, and methods, but it doesn't stop there. When logged into your Posterous account, the API documentation automatically includes your api_token, which is necessary for making API calls. Once authenticated you can make any call against the API right in the documentation. Each endpoint allows entry of necessary fields, displays a request URL, and a JSON response message. This type of interactive API documentation allows developers to learn and explore how an API works in a live environment, making real calls. This approach to delivering API documentation steps up the game a little bit, and the same old type of documentation may not do anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs