Posted on 06-17-2011
Posterous recently launched a new API giving users access to all the functionality available through the Posterous web interface. Instead of just delivering documentation for the Poserous API, they went a step further and made the documentation smarter, and more interactive. Think API explorer meets API documentation. The Posterous API documentation provides a list of all API services, endpoints, and methods, but it doesn't stop there. When logged into your Posterous account, the API documentation automatically includes your api_token, which is necessary for making API calls. Once authenticated you can make any call against the API right in the documentation. Each endpoint allows entry of necessary fields, displays a request URL, and a JSON response message. This type of interactive API documentation allows developers to learn and explore how an API works in a live environment, making real calls. This approach to delivering API documentation steps up the game a little bit, and the same old type of documentation may not do anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs