Posted on 06-17-2011
Posterous recently launched a new API giving users access to all the functionality available through the Posterous web interface. Instead of just delivering documentation for the Poserous API, they went a step further and made the documentation smarter, and more interactive. Think API explorer meets API documentation. The Posterous API documentation provides a list of all API services, endpoints, and methods, but it doesn't stop there. When logged into your Posterous account, the API documentation automatically includes your api_token, which is necessary for making API calls. Once authenticated you can make any call against the API right in the documentation. Each endpoint allows entry of necessary fields, displays a request URL, and a JSON response message. This type of interactive API documentation allows developers to learn and explore how an API works in a live environment, making real calls. This approach to delivering API documentation steps up the game a little bit, and the same old type of documentation may not do anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?