Posted on 06-17-2011
Posterous recently launched a new API giving users access to all the functionality available through the Posterous web interface. Instead of just delivering documentation for the Poserous API, they went a step further and made the documentation smarter, and more interactive. Think API explorer meets API documentation. The Posterous API documentation provides a list of all API services, endpoints, and methods, but it doesn't stop there. When logged into your Posterous account, the API documentation automatically includes your api_token, which is necessary for making API calls. Once authenticated you can make any call against the API right in the documentation. Each endpoint allows entry of necessary fields, displays a request URL, and a JSON response message. This type of interactive API documentation allows developers to learn and explore how an API works in a live environment, making real calls. This approach to delivering API documentation steps up the game a little bit, and the same old type of documentation may not do anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills