Posted on 06-19-2011
At the Glue Conference this year in Colorado, I sat on a panel called, Whats Next for APIs?. In my talk, one area I focused on, was how industries would organize and put APIs to work. There is a growing trend within specific industries. They are coming together and pushing for standards, interoperability, and ways to work together. I'm seeing evidence of this within the customer service industry. An industry association called NetworkedHelpDesk.org is using APIs to connect together customer service applications and establish a seamless way to communicate among industry partners and vendors. Customer service applications are in high demand, and potentially connected with many other applications, so it is critical that they communicate and inter-operate efficiently. NetworkedHelpDesk.org has brought together other applications such as Twilio, SugarCRM, Freshbooks, Atlassian and Zendesk, with different types of applications including ticketing systems, bug trackers, development trackers, knowledge bases, and CRM software. The goal of NetworkedHelpDesk.org is to deliver on the promise of the cloud, and enable disparate systems to collaborate with each other, using a standardized API format for the customer service industry. I think we'll see more industries coming together like this, to establish ways they can work together more efficiently using APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills