HAPI Hackathon Wrapup
19 Jun 2011The HAPI hackathon wrapped up June 12th in San Francisco. The event brought developers together to hack on over 9 APIs in order to build something cool over the course of a weekend. The event started out Friday night with TokBox, Ebay / Paypal, Foursquare, Box.net, Twilio, Genability, Factual, and Mashery showcasing their companies and their APIs to developers. Next, developers lined up to pitch their ideas and generate interest amongst other participants. 10 ideas were pitched, then developers formed groups and got to work. Developers spent all weekend drinking coffee, eating pizza and bagels, and hacking away. Everything culminated Sunday afternoon when developers presented their hacks. Over sixteen hacks were presented, with prizes going to the best:
- FourSquare2Go won a Foursquare prize for their offline Foursquare application.
- Energy Dashboard won both the Mashery APIs and Genabiity API prizes for their energy insight, and prediction tool.
- Congress Connector won multiple Twilio API, Factual API and Ebay / Paypal API prizes for their tool that made connecting with your congressional rep easier.
- Chat Living Room won a TokBox API prize with their group Youtube video chat room.
- Hapidocs won a Box.net API prize for their location based file storage application.
- SoshoWise won a Ebay / Paypal API prize for their expert driven how to video application.
- HAPi Hack Weekend (apievangelist.com)
- Genability API Review (apievangelist.com)
- Using Your API to Find New Developer Talent (apievangelist.com)