Posted on 09-12-2011
The Weather Underground Weather API provides access to data from more than 19,000 users contributing local observations from personal weather stations, providing up-to-the-minute weather conditions for the most finely targeted areas.
The Weather API is RESTful with responses available in a JSON format, with access free for developers making 500 requests per day, and paid tiers for requests starting at 5K requests per month up to 1M requests per month.
"Weather Underground already distributes its weather data to many of the world’s leading media companies, weather applications and smaller web properties," said Alan Steremberg, President and co-Founder of Weather Underground. "Our new self-service API platform will open up our data to thousands more developers working on web and mobile programs, big and small."
The Weather Underground provides a very robust developers area allowing developers to signup, manage their keys and choose the appropriate pricing plan. They provide the necessary API documentation and code samples to get up and going, and even throw in some analytics showing your access and usage of the API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization