Posted on 09-12-2011
The Weather Underground Weather API provides access to data from more than 19,000 users contributing local observations from personal weather stations, providing up-to-the-minute weather conditions for the most finely targeted areas.
The Weather API is RESTful with responses available in a JSON format, with access free for developers making 500 requests per day, and paid tiers for requests starting at 5K requests per month up to 1M requests per month.
"Weather Underground already distributes its weather data to many of the world’s leading media companies, weather applications and smaller web properties," said Alan Steremberg, President and co-Founder of Weather Underground. "Our new self-service API platform will open up our data to thousands more developers working on web and mobile programs, big and small."
The Weather Underground provides a very robust developers area allowing developers to signup, manage their keys and choose the appropriate pricing plan. They provide the necessary API documentation and code samples to get up and going, and even throw in some analytics showing your access and usage of the API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs