Posted on 09-12-2011
The Weather Underground Weather API provides access to data from more than 19,000 users contributing local observations from personal weather stations, providing up-to-the-minute weather conditions for the most finely targeted areas.
The Weather API is RESTful with responses available in a JSON format, with access free for developers making 500 requests per day, and paid tiers for requests starting at 5K requests per month up to 1M requests per month.
"Weather Underground already distributes its weather data to many of the world’s leading media companies, weather applications and smaller web properties," said Alan Steremberg, President and co-Founder of Weather Underground. "Our new self-service API platform will open up our data to thousands more developers working on web and mobile programs, big and small."
The Weather Underground provides a very robust developers area allowing developers to signup, manage their keys and choose the appropriate pricing plan. They provide the necessary API documentation and code samples to get up and going, and even throw in some analytics showing your access and usage of the API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Understanding the French API Economy At API Days
- It's Between Copyright And Fair Use In Oracle vs Google API Case
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift