Posted on 09-12-2011
The Weather Underground Weather API provides access to data from more than 19,000 users contributing local observations from personal weather stations, providing up-to-the-minute weather conditions for the most finely targeted areas.
The Weather API is RESTful with responses available in a JSON format, with access free for developers making 500 requests per day, and paid tiers for requests starting at 5K requests per month up to 1M requests per month.
"Weather Underground already distributes its weather data to many of the world’s leading media companies, weather applications and smaller web properties," said Alan Steremberg, President and co-Founder of Weather Underground. "Our new self-service API platform will open up our data to thousands more developers working on web and mobile programs, big and small."
The Weather Underground provides a very robust developers area allowing developers to signup, manage their keys and choose the appropriate pricing plan. They provide the necessary API documentation and code samples to get up and going, and even throw in some analytics showing your access and usage of the API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API