Posted on 09-13-2011
As the API Evangelist for Mimeo, I spend a lot of time looking for other print related APIs. I spent some time today to update my list, and here what I found:
- Enthusem API - Provides card printing services.
- Google Cloud Print - Enables printing to any cloud-connected printer.
- Lulu Publishing API - Provides book publishing services.
- Mimeo Connect Cloud Print API - Provides printing of common business documents like bound, single sheet, poster, cards, binders and booklets.
- Mimeo Card Printing API - Provides card printing services.
- Mimeo Flyer & Brochure Printing API - Provides flyers and brochure printing.
- Mimeo Spiral Notebook Printing API - Provides spiral notebook printing services.
- Mimeo Poster Printing API - Provides poster printing services.
- Moo.com - Provides printing of MiniCards, StickerBooks, Postcards, Business Cards and Greeting Cards.
- Newspaper Club API - Provides access to a layout tool created for building classic looking newspapers designed for print.
- PicWing - Provides photo printing services.
- Snapfish Publisher - Provides photo printing Services.
- SharedBook API - Provides book building and publishing services.
- Shutterfly - Provides photo printing services.
- ZetaPrints - Provides web-to-print services for many document types.
Let's take inventory of what types of printing services are available. First Google provides a web-based framework for registering, access and printing to any web-enabled printer. And The Newspaper Club API provides newspaper layout tools. Those really are print related, but not necessary produce print as a final product.
When it comes to actual printing, there are an assortment of business documents including books, binders, newsletters, booklets, cards, spiral notebook.
Some big name photo printing services, and nice high end minicards, stickerBooks, postercards, business and greeting cards with Moo.com.
If you know of any other print or publishing APIs I should add to the list, let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet