Posted on 09-13-2011
As the API Evangelist for Mimeo, I spend a lot of time looking for other print related APIs. I spent some time today to update my list, and here what I found:
- Enthusem API - Provides card printing services.
- Google Cloud Print - Enables printing to any cloud-connected printer.
- Lulu Publishing API - Provides book publishing services.
- Mimeo Connect Cloud Print API - Provides printing of common business documents like bound, single sheet, poster, cards, binders and booklets.
- Mimeo Card Printing API - Provides card printing services.
- Mimeo Flyer & Brochure Printing API - Provides flyers and brochure printing.
- Mimeo Spiral Notebook Printing API - Provides spiral notebook printing services.
- Mimeo Poster Printing API - Provides poster printing services.
- Moo.com - Provides printing of MiniCards, StickerBooks, Postcards, Business Cards and Greeting Cards.
- Newspaper Club API - Provides access to a layout tool created for building classic looking newspapers designed for print.
- PicWing - Provides photo printing services.
- Snapfish Publisher - Provides photo printing Services.
- SharedBook API - Provides book building and publishing services.
- Shutterfly - Provides photo printing services.
- ZetaPrints - Provides web-to-print services for many document types.
Let's take inventory of what types of printing services are available. First Google provides a web-based framework for registering, access and printing to any web-enabled printer. And The Newspaper Club API provides newspaper layout tools. Those really are print related, but not necessary produce print as a final product.
When it comes to actual printing, there are an assortment of business documents including books, binders, newsletters, booklets, cards, spiral notebook.
Some big name photo printing services, and nice high end minicards, stickerBooks, postercards, business and greeting cards with Moo.com.
If you know of any other print or publishing APIs I should add to the list, let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape