Posted on 09-13-2011
As the API Evangelist for Mimeo, I spend a lot of time looking for other print related APIs. I spent some time today to update my list, and here what I found:
- Enthusem API - Provides card printing services.
- Google Cloud Print - Enables printing to any cloud-connected printer.
- Lulu Publishing API - Provides book publishing services.
- Mimeo Connect Cloud Print API - Provides printing of common business documents like bound, single sheet, poster, cards, binders and booklets.
- Mimeo Card Printing API - Provides card printing services.
- Mimeo Flyer & Brochure Printing API - Provides flyers and brochure printing.
- Mimeo Spiral Notebook Printing API - Provides spiral notebook printing services.
- Mimeo Poster Printing API - Provides poster printing services.
- Moo.com - Provides printing of MiniCards, StickerBooks, Postcards, Business Cards and Greeting Cards.
- Newspaper Club API - Provides access to a layout tool created for building classic looking newspapers designed for print.
- PicWing - Provides photo printing services.
- Snapfish Publisher - Provides photo printing Services.
- SharedBook API - Provides book building and publishing services.
- Shutterfly - Provides photo printing services.
- ZetaPrints - Provides web-to-print services for many document types.
Let's take inventory of what types of printing services are available. First Google provides a web-based framework for registering, access and printing to any web-enabled printer. And The Newspaper Club API provides newspaper layout tools. Those really are print related, but not necessary produce print as a final product.
When it comes to actual printing, there are an assortment of business documents including books, binders, newsletters, booklets, cards, spiral notebook.
Some big name photo printing services, and nice high end minicards, stickerBooks, postercards, business and greeting cards with Moo.com.
If you know of any other print or publishing APIs I should add to the list, let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- AutoDevBot Open Sources Their API Monitor
- Low Hanging Fruit For API Discovery In The Federal Government
- Looking At 77 Federal Government API Developer Portals And 190 APIs
- Applying APIs.json To API Discovery In The Federal Government
- The Power In API Discovery For APIs.json Will Be In The API URL Type
- Fixing The Machine Readability in API Commons
- Evolving How We Approach The API Lifecycle With APIMatic
- APIs Can Open Up Your Company To Outside Ideas
- APIs Are Often Just A Facade That Is Covering Up The Legacy View Of World
- A Mobile Developer Toolkit With The University Of Michigan APIs
- Kicking Off Image Manipulation API Work