Posted on 09-13-2011
As the API Evangelist for Mimeo, I spend a lot of time looking for other print related APIs. I spent some time today to update my list, and here what I found:
- Enthusem API - Provides card printing services.
- Google Cloud Print - Enables printing to any cloud-connected printer.
- Lulu Publishing API - Provides book publishing services.
- Mimeo Connect Cloud Print API - Provides printing of common business documents like bound, single sheet, poster, cards, binders and booklets.
- Mimeo Card Printing API - Provides card printing services.
- Mimeo Flyer & Brochure Printing API - Provides flyers and brochure printing.
- Mimeo Spiral Notebook Printing API - Provides spiral notebook printing services.
- Mimeo Poster Printing API - Provides poster printing services.
- Moo.com - Provides printing of MiniCards, StickerBooks, Postcards, Business Cards and Greeting Cards.
- Newspaper Club API - Provides access to a layout tool created for building classic looking newspapers designed for print.
- PicWing - Provides photo printing services.
- Snapfish Publisher - Provides photo printing Services.
- SharedBook API - Provides book building and publishing services.
- Shutterfly - Provides photo printing services.
- ZetaPrints - Provides web-to-print services for many document types.
Let's take inventory of what types of printing services are available. First Google provides a web-based framework for registering, access and printing to any web-enabled printer. And The Newspaper Club API provides newspaper layout tools. Those really are print related, but not necessary produce print as a final product.
When it comes to actual printing, there are an assortment of business documents including books, binders, newsletters, booklets, cards, spiral notebook.
Some big name photo printing services, and nice high end minicards, stickerBooks, postercards, business and greeting cards with Moo.com.
If you know of any other print or publishing APIs I should add to the list, let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API