Posted on 09-28-2011
Klout just updated their API area. The Klout API was originally released in 2009, but the new API area has several improvements including faster response times for the API, better documentation and improved terms of service.
Using the Klout API developers can pull someones Klout Score, which is the measurement of their overall online influence using social networks like Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. It provides a way of essentially high-grading users on your network, and rewarding or engaging users differently based upon their overall network influence.
I categorize the Klout API as a “partner API”, meaning that can add value to just about any existing API community and application. For example, with my Mimeo Connect Document Printing APIs, a print application could offer lower pricing to a user based upon their Klout score. If you are building a poster, flyer or book printing application and you offer lower pricing to people who are influencers, you can probably bet they’ll talk about your app within their network.
The Klout API opens up a lot of opportunities for web and mobile app developers to enrich their understanding of their existing user base, identifying the users that are the biggest influencers, and may contribute to a larger network effect around their application.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke