Posted on 09-28-2011
Klout just updated their API area. The Klout API was originally released in 2009, but the new API area has several improvements including faster response times for the API, better documentation and improved terms of service.
Using the Klout API developers can pull someones Klout Score, which is the measurement of their overall online influence using social networks like Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. It provides a way of essentially high-grading users on your network, and rewarding or engaging users differently based upon their overall network influence.
I categorize the Klout API as a “partner API”, meaning that can add value to just about any existing API community and application. For example, with my Mimeo Connect Document Printing APIs, a print application could offer lower pricing to a user based upon their Klout score. If you are building a poster, flyer or book printing application and you offer lower pricing to people who are influencers, you can probably bet they’ll talk about your app within their network.
The Klout API opens up a lot of opportunities for web and mobile app developers to enrich their understanding of their existing user base, identifying the users that are the biggest influencers, and may contribute to a larger network effect around their application.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet