Posted on 10-26-2011
Last week Mashery rolled out a new on-premise version of their API management proxy. A solution meant to address a common concern of IT and API owners, that when using Mashery, all of their data and resources run through the Mashery proxy in the cloud. This concern can be a show stopper for many companies.
Until this last week, Mashery had four API management solutions that all ran in the cloud.
Now Mashery has separated the proxy portion of their traffic manager into two offerings, one for the cloud and one for on-premise.
Mashery has bundled the new Mashery Cloud and Mashery Local with their existing API Traffic, API Analytics & Reporting and API Portal and are calling it, the Mashery API control center. Using the API control center you now have the flexibility to deploy on-premise or in the cloud as needed.
Of course the full benefits of the Mashery API Distribution Network which includes scalability, redundancy, PCI compliance, access to global partner network and SLA’s are only available for APIs deployed using Mashery Cloud.
Even though the Mashery API Control Center is meant to provide flexibility of deployment for API owners, the move is clearly a direct shot at their primary competitor Apigee, who have had an on-premise solution for some time, but Mashery claims their control center provides much more flexibility than "their competitors".
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract