Posted on 10-26-2011
Twilio just made their first move into Europe by offering Twilio Voice service in the United Kingdom.
The Twilio Voice API is now available in the UK, allowing developers to launch local phone numbers in the country. Along with the release Twilio has announced the opening of their first international office based in East London.
The UK launch is the first to go live of five countries currently in Beta including France, Poland, Austria, Denmark and Portugal with several more countries on the way.
Twilio's APIs have proven a favorite of developers, and fast becoming an essential cloud computing service for applications.
The move into Europe will only grow their developer base and the number of applications using the cloud telephony API. Something that traditional telcos should take notice of.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills