Posted on 10-26-2011
Twilio just made their first move into Europe by offering Twilio Voice service in the United Kingdom.
The Twilio Voice API is now available in the UK, allowing developers to launch local phone numbers in the country. Along with the release Twilio has announced the opening of their first international office based in East London.
The UK launch is the first to go live of five countries currently in Beta including France, Poland, Austria, Denmark and Portugal with several more countries on the way.
Twilio's APIs have proven a favorite of developers, and fast becoming an essential cloud computing service for applications.
The move into Europe will only grow their developer base and the number of applications using the cloud telephony API. Something that traditional telcos should take notice of.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API