Posted on 10-26-2011
Twilio just made their first move into Europe by offering Twilio Voice service in the United Kingdom.
The Twilio Voice API is now available in the UK, allowing developers to launch local phone numbers in the country. Along with the release Twilio has announced the opening of their first international office based in East London.
The UK launch is the first to go live of five countries currently in Beta including France, Poland, Austria, Denmark and Portugal with several more countries on the way.
Twilio's APIs have proven a favorite of developers, and fast becoming an essential cloud computing service for applications.
The move into Europe will only grow their developer base and the number of applications using the cloud telephony API. Something that traditional telcos should take notice of.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs