Posted on 10-26-2011
Twilio just made their first move into Europe by offering Twilio Voice service in the United Kingdom.
The Twilio Voice API is now available in the UK, allowing developers to launch local phone numbers in the country. Along with the release Twilio has announced the opening of their first international office based in East London.
The UK launch is the first to go live of five countries currently in Beta including France, Poland, Austria, Denmark and Portugal with several more countries on the way.
Twilio's APIs have proven a favorite of developers, and fast becoming an essential cloud computing service for applications.
The move into Europe will only grow their developer base and the number of applications using the cloud telephony API. Something that traditional telcos should take notice of.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io