Posted on 12-17-2011
The Google Affiliate Network is the affiliate network, formerly known as Doubleclick Performics, which was part of Google’s Doublick acquisition in April of 2007.
Using the new Google Affiliate Network APIs, developers can programmaticaly manage:
- Advertiser Lookup - Publishers can now use the Google Affiliate Network API to access data that advertisers have chosen to share with them.
- Event and Order Details - Developers can easily integrate data from events that occur in Google Affiliate Network into their own website's workflow and internal systems.
- Publisher Lookup - Advertisers can use the API to look up data that publishers have chosen to share with them
I need to play with the network more to understand how it works from both an advertisers and publishers perspective.
It looks like an interesting addition to the suite of publishing, advertising and revenue generating tools from Google like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Adsense and Google Webmaster Tools.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Common Building Blocks of Cloud APIs
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use