Posted on 12-17-2011
The Google Affiliate Network is the affiliate network, formerly known as Doubleclick Performics, which was part of Google’s Doublick acquisition in April of 2007.
Using the new Google Affiliate Network APIs, developers can programmaticaly manage:
- Advertiser Lookup - Publishers can now use the Google Affiliate Network API to access data that advertisers have chosen to share with them.
- Event and Order Details - Developers can easily integrate data from events that occur in Google Affiliate Network into their own website's workflow and internal systems.
- Publisher Lookup - Advertisers can use the API to look up data that publishers have chosen to share with them
I need to play with the network more to understand how it works from both an advertisers and publishers perspective.
It looks like an interesting addition to the suite of publishing, advertising and revenue generating tools from Google like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Adsense and Google Webmaster Tools.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?