Posted on 12-17-2011
The Google Affiliate Network is the affiliate network, formerly known as Doubleclick Performics, which was part of Google’s Doublick acquisition in April of 2007.
Using the new Google Affiliate Network APIs, developers can programmaticaly manage:
- Advertiser Lookup - Publishers can now use the Google Affiliate Network API to access data that advertisers have chosen to share with them.
- Event and Order Details - Developers can easily integrate data from events that occur in Google Affiliate Network into their own website's workflow and internal systems.
- Publisher Lookup - Advertisers can use the API to look up data that publishers have chosen to share with them
I need to play with the network more to understand how it works from both an advertisers and publishers perspective.
It looks like an interesting addition to the suite of publishing, advertising and revenue generating tools from Google like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Adsense and Google Webmaster Tools.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr