Posted on 12-17-2011
The Google Affiliate Network is the affiliate network, formerly known as Doubleclick Performics, which was part of Google’s Doublick acquisition in April of 2007.
Using the new Google Affiliate Network APIs, developers can programmaticaly manage:
- Advertiser Lookup - Publishers can now use the Google Affiliate Network API to access data that advertisers have chosen to share with them.
- Event and Order Details - Developers can easily integrate data from events that occur in Google Affiliate Network into their own website's workflow and internal systems.
- Publisher Lookup - Advertisers can use the API to look up data that publishers have chosen to share with them
I need to play with the network more to understand how it works from both an advertisers and publishers perspective.
It looks like an interesting addition to the suite of publishing, advertising and revenue generating tools from Google like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Adsense and Google Webmaster Tools.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke