Top 10 API Evangelist Posts for 2011
31 Dec 2011
2011 was an interesting year for APIs. I wasn't as good as I wanted to be at covering all major API events, but I got some traction with some posts I didn't anticipate.
Here are my top 10 traffic posts on API Evangelist for 2011:
- Apple iCloud API
- Considerations When Planning Endpoints for your RESTful API
- Google Launches OAuth 2.0 Playground
- iCloud Storage APIs
- The Need for More Transit APIs
- You Think There Are a Lot of APIs Now? Wait Until Evrythng Has An API!
- A Flood of APIs Just Waiting to Happen
Open Building Blocks for an API
- Providing Code Libraries is Not Enough for Your API
- RESTful Business Architecture
I expected Apple related API stories to be big, but the other topics on here like endpoint planning, transit APIs, open building blocks, RESTful business architecture and a flood of APIs were a surprise.
Overall it shows me that applying APIs and RESTful concepts to business in specific industries can really get people talking.
A few of these posts were written while I was doing deep dives into government, water and transit industries and how APIs are changing the landscape.
I hope to do many of these deep industry dives in 2012.