Posted on 01-23-2012
When new developers register for the CityGrid API, I get an email with their name and email address. I want to make sure each developer knows I’m here, and available to help them get up and running as quick as possible.
Emailing them as soon as they register seems a little too pushy, but following them on Twitter, with my personal Twitter and the CityGrid API Twitter account makes sense. So how do I get their Twitter handle, without spending too much time and derailing whatever I’m working on?
In comes Rapportive. For those of you who don’t know what Rapportive is, it is an browser add-on that runs in my Gmail and shows me everything about a contact I’m emailing with. On the right hand side it lists as much information associated with the email as the service can find, such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
So when I get a new registration email from CityGrid APIs, I highlight the email address and it shows me information about the user. Many users don’t maintain active online profiles, so it returns nothing. However a handful, have Twitter accounts associated, which I immediately follow with my personal and CityGrid API Twitter accounts.
Both of my Twitter profiles clearly reflect CityGrid APIs, so when I follow them on Twitter, my developers know who I am, and they should now be aware that I am here to help. If they have any questions, they know they know how to find me.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet