The future of the World Wide Web is local. As we spend more of our lives on our mobile phones, local data and apps become critical in helping us find the restaurant for a lunch meeting, the bar where our best friends are Friday night, the local retail store to make our next purchase, and to interact with our city government to make the cities we live in a better place.
You can help shape the future of local, with the CityGrid LA Hackathon, a creative, local innovation event bringing together developers, local marketers, local advertisers and even local merchants to help build applications, data visualizations and other creative technology that helps define the future of local.
- Event Title - CityGrid LA Hackathon
- Event Location - CoLoft - 920 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Dates / Times - 4/27/2012 6:00 PM to 4/29/2012 6:00 PM
- Event Focus - Build any local web or mobile application or data visualization
The CityGrid Hackathon is meant to bring together commercial and civic hackers to build the next generation of apps we’ll use in our everyday local lives.
Prizes for the Hackathon are:
- 1st Prize - $5,000.00
- 2nd Prize - $2,500.00
- 3rd Prize - $1,000.00
Prizes are not linked to any particular API or tool, but are awarded to the most innovative approach to a mobile or web app, or visualization that is focused locally. Judging will be conducted via Twitter, so bring your Tweeps to the event and make sure they support you.
The event starts Friday night 4/27/2012 at 6PM to kick off the event and continue through Sunday 4/29/2012 with hacking completing at 3:00 PM and winners announced at 5:00 PM. Food and drink will be provided throughout the weekend, so come hack (even if you are not a developer), and help make our cities a better place to live!
The CityGrid LA hackathon is the first of 9 local hackathons in different cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin. If you’d like to be a sponsors, attendee or would like to help organize a CityGrid hackathon in your city, contact us:
- Contact - Kin Lane
- Phone - (541) 357-9073
- Email - email@example.com
- Twitter - @citygridapiteam
- Hashtag - #citygridhackathonLA
- Registration - Register Now!
|API Evangelist, California, City, CityGrid, Civic, Coloft, Developer, Hack Day, Hackathon, Los Angeles, Santa Monica|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates