Posted on 04-17-2012
I’m currently planning a 9 city hackathon tour, starting with the CityGrid Los Angeles Hackathon, and following up with Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin.
The CityGrid Hackathon tour is meant to bring together commercial and civic hackers to build the next generation of apps we use in our everyday "local" lives.
I’m trying to find a blend of developers, business, marketing and advertising folks that will come together and develop commercially viable ideas that can also make our cities better places to live.
So I'm looking for sponsors that really enhance the local theme of the event, so I started with:
- Local API Stack - These are APIs that I track on for CityGrid, providing direct value to local mobile and web app developers.
- Mobile Back-end as a Service - Service providers that exclusively provide back-end platforms and tools for mobile developers.
I’d be happy if all of these companies could provide the sponsorships that I need to support the event, but it probably won’t be enough. So I’m looking elsewhere with some of the usual suspects like Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Twilio.
Regardless of what my sponsor line-up looks like I think I will still provide a directory of local APIs for developers to use, so that they have a robust listing of high quality APIs to choose from when building their local web and mobile apps.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills