Posted on 04-17-2012
I’m currently planning a 9 city hackathon tour, starting with the CityGrid Los Angeles Hackathon, and following up with Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin.
The CityGrid Hackathon tour is meant to bring together commercial and civic hackers to build the next generation of apps we use in our everyday "local" lives.
I’m trying to find a blend of developers, business, marketing and advertising folks that will come together and develop commercially viable ideas that can also make our cities better places to live.
So I'm looking for sponsors that really enhance the local theme of the event, so I started with:
- Local API Stack - These are APIs that I track on for CityGrid, providing direct value to local mobile and web app developers.
- Mobile Back-end as a Service - Service providers that exclusively provide back-end platforms and tools for mobile developers.
I’d be happy if all of these companies could provide the sponsorships that I need to support the event, but it probably won’t be enough. So I’m looking elsewhere with some of the usual suspects like Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Twilio.
Regardless of what my sponsor line-up looks like I think I will still provide a directory of local APIs for developers to use, so that they have a robust listing of high quality APIs to choose from when building their local web and mobile apps.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet