Posted on 04-17-2012
I’m currently planning a 9 city hackathon tour, starting with the CityGrid Los Angeles Hackathon, and following up with Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin.
The CityGrid Hackathon tour is meant to bring together commercial and civic hackers to build the next generation of apps we use in our everyday "local" lives.
I’m trying to find a blend of developers, business, marketing and advertising folks that will come together and develop commercially viable ideas that can also make our cities better places to live.
So I'm looking for sponsors that really enhance the local theme of the event, so I started with:
- Local API Stack - These are APIs that I track on for CityGrid, providing direct value to local mobile and web app developers.
- Mobile Back-end as a Service - Service providers that exclusively provide back-end platforms and tools for mobile developers.
I’d be happy if all of these companies could provide the sponsorships that I need to support the event, but it probably won’t be enough. So I’m looking elsewhere with some of the usual suspects like Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Twilio.
Regardless of what my sponsor line-up looks like I think I will still provide a directory of local APIs for developers to use, so that they have a robust listing of high quality APIs to choose from when building their local web and mobile apps.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups
- Where The Good IPAs Are In Chicago While At API Strategy And Practice In September
- The Blog For Your API Is The Most Important Signals You Can Send
- Public APIs Are Tough When You Are In A Tightly Controlled Industry
- Give Me A URL To Request Then Store My API Keys In My Private Github Repo
- Mapping The World Of Internal APIs Via Rogue API Registry
- Continuing With The API Restaurant Analogy