For the last couple weeks I’m neck deep in getting to know the developers who already use the CityGrid APIs. I want a better understanding of who a developer is, what kind of business they have and what they are looking to get out of the API.
- Twitter Profile
- LinkedIn Account
- Facebook Profile
- Google + Profile
- Github Profile
Usually I know the URL of their website, but if I don’t, I can extract from their email address or sometimes Rapportive will provide for me. I visit each developer’s site and look for:
- Blog w/ RSS Feed
- Business Contact Email
- Business Contact Form
Next I build a quick one sentence description, telling me who they are and what they do. I also assemble a comma separated list of keyword and key phrases that best represent what they do.
Before I’m done looking around their site I take a picture of their home page, so I have a visual reference to go with the developer profile. The home page image can go further than just a logo sometimes.
I take all of this information, put it into a database, and connected it to a JQuery Carousel that allows me to watch a slideshow that walks me through the world of my developers, and watch like a TV channel.
This process not only gives me a 100K understanding my developer ecosystem, but helps me remember as much as I can about each developer. From this I hope to better engage them on a daily basis as well as provide feedback to the CityGrid API roadmap based upon quality API developer segmentation.
|CityGrid, Developers, Full Contact, Outreach, Rapportive, Showcase|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space