Posted on 05-19-2012
I am going through all my notes from organizing the CityGrid Los Angeles Hackathon and trying to publish as many stories as I can, about how I planned and organized the hackathon.
One service that was a catalyst for the event occuring, was assistance from EventUp. EventUp is a service that assists event venue owners in finding people to rent their space, and in turn can help you find the ideal location for your hackathon.
Tony Adam (@tonyadam) the owner of EventUp emailed me one day after I had submitted a request via eventup.com for more information on venues for my Hackathon in the Los Angeles area. He offered to help make sure I found the right location.
After a couple days he helped me secure CoLoft which was the best location for the hackathon imaginable. It was accessible, had great layout with tables, good wifi and the staff was extremely helpful.
EventUp isn’t in all markets yet, but if you’re planning a hackathon I recommend talking with Tony at Eventup, and seeing if they have the right location for your event.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper