Posted on 06-05-2012
I look at a lot of APIs, the first page you land on makes a big impression, and I can always tell when someone cares enough about developers to craft a simple, quality API Area landing page.
Upon landing on the iContact Developers Area main page I visually see what I need to get going:
- Get Started
- Self-Service Registration
- Code Samples
Then in the footer you can immediately connect with other areas of the company:
The iContact Developers Area landing page is well crafted and as a developer, makes you feel like someone considered you while designing. You can quickly get at what you need to start integrating and you feel like someone is there to support you as well as keep the API up and running.
What impression does your API area landing page say about your API?
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io