Posted on 06-05-2012
I look at a lot of APIs, the first page you land on makes a big impression, and I can always tell when someone cares enough about developers to craft a simple, quality API Area landing page.
Upon landing on the iContact Developers Area main page I visually see what I need to get going:
- Get Started
- Self-Service Registration
- Code Samples
Then in the footer you can immediately connect with other areas of the company:
The iContact Developers Area landing page is well crafted and as a developer, makes you feel like someone considered you while designing. You can quickly get at what you need to start integrating and you feel like someone is there to support you as well as keep the API up and running.
What impression does your API area landing page say about your API?
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke