I have a workflow for dealing with the steady stream of ideas that fly out of my arse on a daily basis. First, I write them all down in Evernote. If an idea sticks with me and keeps nagging on me in the back of my mind, I usually give it a place on the internal wiki that I use for managing my world. Then if an idea sits on the wiki for over a year and I haven’t finished building it, and successfully deployed or integrated into my platform--I set it free.
The one year expiration date has come for one of my ideas, and I want to publish here so maybe someone else will run with it.
- Project Idea: RESTGit
- Summary: A RESTful interface for any public or private Github repository.
I just want a quick way of throwing up a RESTful front, with or without authentication using 3Scale API management. RESTGit would deploy any flavor of language I choose: PHP, Python, Ruby, Java or anything else.
This way I could take select code resources I possess, commit them to a Github repository--then point RESTGit at the repository, and it would generate a REST framework and allow me to customize and adjust as needed.
RESTGit would be open source of course. It could be deployed as an Amazon EC2 instance, letting me rapidly deliver APIs for any resources I posses and scale as needed using AWS.
I wish I had more time to invest in my side projects, but I’d rather see it implemented. Hopefully one of you readers will find the time to develop RESTGit and open source it for everyone to use.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space