Posted on 07-09-2012
Hackathons are exploding in popularity and open API publishers are quickly realizing the power they have to attract developers. For API publishers, hackathons represent one of the most powerful means for growing an API’s profile and engaging directly with talented developers.
If you want learn more about hackathons, attend an upcoming Webinar, hosted API management vendor Layer 7 Technologies and guest API evangelist Kin Lane, will deliver the advice an organization needs in order to throw hackathons that contribute to the real-world success of an API publishing program.
You will learn about:
- The background and purpose of an API Hackathon
- Types of Hackathons
- The role hackathons play in developer engagement
- Planning and executing a successful hackathon
- Adopting best practices
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Creating a plan
- Where hackathons are going
Presented by: Kin Lane API Evangelist and Co-author of Business of APIs
When: July 12, 2012 @ 9:00AM PDT | 12:00PM EDT | 5:00PM BST
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Common Building Blocks of Cloud APIs
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use