Posted on 07-09-2012
Hackathons are exploding in popularity and open API publishers are quickly realizing the power they have to attract developers. For API publishers, hackathons represent one of the most powerful means for growing an API’s profile and engaging directly with talented developers.
If you want learn more about hackathons, attend an upcoming Webinar, hosted API management vendor Layer 7 Technologies and guest API evangelist Kin Lane, will deliver the advice an organization needs in order to throw hackathons that contribute to the real-world success of an API publishing program.
You will learn about:
- The background and purpose of an API Hackathon
- Types of Hackathons
- The role hackathons play in developer engagement
- Planning and executing a successful hackathon
- Adopting best practices
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Creating a plan
- Where hackathons are going
Presented by: Kin Lane API Evangelist and Co-author of Business of APIs
When: July 12, 2012 @ 9:00AM PDT | 12:00PM EDT | 5:00PM BST
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke