Posted on 07-11-2012
Mobber's service is obviously in direct competition with Twitter's Promoted Trends, part of Twitter's suite of advertising products, which also includes promoted accounts and promoted Tweets.
Of course it's Twitter's platform, they can shut off anyone's access, and easily file it under a terms of service violation. But ultimately wouldn't it make more sense if Twitter opened it's advertising platform with APIs, and allowed developers to innovate, enabling Twitter to still make money, but providing a much wider reach and audience?
Mobber's story is just another casualty in Twitter recent efforts to take control of it's platform, leaving developers to wonder, who is next?
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups
- Where The Good IPAs Are In Chicago While At API Strategy And Practice In September
- The Blog For Your API Is The Most Important Signals You Can Send
- Public APIs Are Tough When You Are In A Tightly Controlled Industry
- Give Me A URL To Request Then Store My API Keys In My Private Github Repo
- Mapping The World Of Internal APIs Via Rogue API Registry
- Continuing With The API Restaurant Analogy