Next generation payment platform Dwolla just revamped the home page of their developer center to speak to the widest audience possible. When you land at developers.dwolla.com you are given two options:
- I don't code - You're a non-technical executive, the master of partnerships and products, and want to know why Dwolla is right for you
This is an approach I've been long advocating for, and rarely see in API areas. The best case study I always point out is the LinkedIn developers area, who provide buttons, widgets and embeddable tools that non-developers can put to use.
Why do this? Well according to Dwolla, "One of the biggest misunderstandings about API portals is that their purpose is only for developers. That’s just not true. Integrations start with a spark of curiosity, “Would this work for my company?” Technical or not, who asks that question is irrelevant at that point; how it’s answered is what determines the outcome."
Dwolla's approach reflects the core philosophy of why I started API Evangelist. I'm not advocating just to developers about the power of APIs, I'm evangelizing to the business leaders and decision makers about the power of APIs.
While actually integrating with your API might be a technical endeavor, much of the business decision around using your API will most likely be made by a non-developer. Make sure your API speaks more than just geek, and reaches as wide an audience as possible.
|Developers, Dwolla, Non-Developers, Payments|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space