Posted on 09-11-2012
I’ve been tracking the adoption of the White House CIO's digital strategy, trying understand each agency's mobile and API plans.
It’s a small, but very important addition. It shows that NASA sees the importance of not just using Github, but pushing code and interacting with developers via the social network.
Github is a service that is getting more traction within government, and I hope that more federal agencies don’t just put it to use, but make it part of the culture within their organization.
Github is more than a code repository, it will also help your agency be more "collaborative and open by default".
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization
- Project Idea: Codenvy-Like Containerized Spreadsheets