Posted on 09-11-2012
I’ve been tracking the adoption of the White House CIO's digital strategy, trying understand each agency's mobile and API plans.
It’s a small, but very important addition. It shows that NASA sees the importance of not just using Github, but pushing code and interacting with developers via the social network.
Github is a service that is getting more traction within government, and I hope that more federal agencies don’t just put it to use, but make it part of the culture within their organization.
Github is more than a code repository, it will also help your agency be more "collaborative and open by default".
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper