Posted on 09-11-2012
I’ve been tracking the adoption of the White House CIO's digital strategy, trying understand each agency's mobile and API plans.
It’s a small, but very important addition. It shows that NASA sees the importance of not just using Github, but pushing code and interacting with developers via the social network.
Github is a service that is getting more traction within government, and I hope that more federal agencies don’t just put it to use, but make it part of the culture within their organization.
Github is more than a code repository, it will also help your agency be more "collaborative and open by default".
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API
- Reducing The API Stack Down From 830 to 690
- Gathering My Thoughts Around Common Patterns For Base URLs Across Nearly 700 APIs