Posted on 09-11-2012
I’ve been tracking the adoption of the White House CIO's digital strategy, trying understand each agency's mobile and API plans.
It’s a small, but very important addition. It shows that NASA sees the importance of not just using Github, but pushing code and interacting with developers via the social network.
Github is a service that is getting more traction within government, and I hope that more federal agencies don’t just put it to use, but make it part of the culture within their organization.
Github is more than a code repository, it will also help your agency be more "collaborative and open by default".
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs