Posted on 09-11-2012
I'm happy to be a media partner for the SOA Cloud 2012 Service Technology Symposium, the largest international conference dedicated to the exploration of SOA, cloud computing and modern service technologies.
SOA Cloud 2012 is happening September 24,25, 2012 in London, UK at the Imperial College London. The first day kicks off with:
- The Era of Intelligent Service Technology - Thomas Erl's well-known, visionary tour of relationships between and combinations of service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, and semantic Web technologies.
- New Paradigms for Application Architecture: From Applications to IT Services Speaker by Anne Thomas Manes of Gartner about the convergence of mobile, social, cloud, and information forcing demand that we adopt new paradigms for application architecture and delivery
The first day keynotes have not one space agency talking APIs, but two. With Vicente Navarro of the European Space Agency, and Hook Hua of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (NASA Center).
Second day keynotes are pretty impressive too, with opening keynote by Dennis Wisnosky, US Department of Defense – "Heading, Altitude & Airspeed: Service Orientation, Cloud & Semantics – All or Nothing!". Then Michael Hritz, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – "SOA, Cloud and Service Technologies at the FAA" and "The API Economy is Here: Facebook, Twitter, Netflix and Your IT Enterprise" from Corey Scobie of SOA Software looks interesting.
A couple sessions I’m watching closely are:
- The Open API Economy: What Is It and How Do I Capitalize on It? with Laura Olson of IBM
- The Rise of the Internet Service Bus with Jaime Ryan of Layer 7 Technologies
- Architecting a RESTful Cloud: The Key to Elasticity with Jason Bloomberg of ZapThink
Under the expert panels the The New World of Open APIs caught my eye, where they are discussing how the marketplace and economy that surround open APIs is rapidly growing, and has been further fueled by the acceptance of REST-based services and innovative hybrid solutions.
These are just a few of the keynotes, sessions and panel that caught my attention, I’m going to spend some time researching a couple of the speakers and companies and then I might have some more recommendations. It looks like a lot of API goodness packed into 2 days, and would make a fun trip to London this month.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs