Posted on 09-11-2012
I'm happy to be a media partner for the SOA Cloud 2012 Service Technology Symposium, the largest international conference dedicated to the exploration of SOA, cloud computing and modern service technologies.
SOA Cloud 2012 is happening September 24,25, 2012 in London, UK at the Imperial College London. The first day kicks off with:
- The Era of Intelligent Service Technology - Thomas Erl's well-known, visionary tour of relationships between and combinations of service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, and semantic Web technologies.
- New Paradigms for Application Architecture: From Applications to IT Services Speaker by Anne Thomas Manes of Gartner about the convergence of mobile, social, cloud, and information forcing demand that we adopt new paradigms for application architecture and delivery
The first day keynotes have not one space agency talking APIs, but two. With Vicente Navarro of the European Space Agency, and Hook Hua of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (NASA Center).
Second day keynotes are pretty impressive too, with opening keynote by Dennis Wisnosky, US Department of Defense – "Heading, Altitude & Airspeed: Service Orientation, Cloud & Semantics – All or Nothing!". Then Michael Hritz, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – "SOA, Cloud and Service Technologies at the FAA" and "The API Economy is Here: Facebook, Twitter, Netflix and Your IT Enterprise" from Corey Scobie of SOA Software looks interesting.
A couple sessions I’m watching closely are:
- The Open API Economy: What Is It and How Do I Capitalize on It? with Laura Olson of IBM
- The Rise of the Internet Service Bus with Jaime Ryan of Layer 7 Technologies
- Architecting a RESTful Cloud: The Key to Elasticity with Jason Bloomberg of ZapThink
Under the expert panels the The New World of Open APIs caught my eye, where they are discussing how the marketplace and economy that surround open APIs is rapidly growing, and has been further fueled by the acceptance of REST-based services and innovative hybrid solutions.
These are just a few of the keynotes, sessions and panel that caught my attention, I’m going to spend some time researching a couple of the speakers and companies and then I might have some more recommendations. It looks like a lot of API goodness packed into 2 days, and would make a fun trip to London this month.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract