Steve is a highly respected Ruby developer, software craftsman, and an aspiring digital humanities scholar. He spends most of his time contributing to Open Source projects, and maintains both Hackety Hack and Shoes, while also teaching and helping develop curriculum for Jumpstart Lab.
Steve has has written book on Designing Hypermedia APIs. Well it’s better than a book. I’d call it a "living digital book". One where you can constantly come back and get fresh content and interact with the books community and author. Much better than the old-school programming book, which you buy once and it sits on your shelf.
What intrigues me about Steve, is that his perspective is very technical, but in his own words, “I've found a place between the sciences and the humanities.” Which is a point of view we need to give a platform to, and everyone in Silicon Valley needs to listen.
Steve is exactly the fresh perspective we want to get at the API Strategy & Practice conference. I hope you can join us for the two day event in November and be there in person for Steve’s talk.
|Hackety Hack, Hypermedia APIs, Jumpstart Lab, Shoes, Steve Klabnik|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates
- An Open Source Code Catalog for your API
- Multi-Tenancy with WSO2 API Manager
- Ember, Angular, Backbone, Single Page Applications and APIs
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends