Posted on 09-21-2012
Back in May, when the White House CIO has released a strategy, entitled "Digital Government: Building a 21st Century Platform to Better Serve the American People", which directs all federal agencies to publish HTML, JSON and XML versions of their digital strategy, I wrote a PHP script to monitor the progress.
To date, 25 federal agencies have successfully published their digital strategy, and I have been updating my script regularly to keep up. And while a few of the agencies still have querks with their HTTP Codes and with JSON formatting, the code is starting to stabilize. So I decided to start sharing it on Github, allowing others to put it to use.
The first sample script I'm publishing is a basic example of how to pull the JSON version of a single agencies digital strategy. Once it pulls the JSON, it then loops through each item and field on the strategy, and renders to screen. It doesn't make any assumptions on what you wish to do with data.
Next I will publish a more sophisticated version that stores values in a database. Here is the pull federal agency digital strategy PHP script:
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Understanding the French API Economy At API Days
- My Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) API Project
- It's Between Copyright And Fair Use In Oracle vs Google API Case
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores