Posted on 10-20-2012
The API Strategy & Practice Conference is kicking off in 12 days in New York City. The event will be keynotes, sessions and panels from over 60 leading individuals across all sectors of the API industry.
I’ve wanted to have an API industry event that was about ideas, practice and strategy, not just about companies, their products and clients for a while now. This is something that I could never achieve on my own. I just don’t have the money or all the connections to bring everyone together.
To make API Strategy & Practice happen it took the right partnership. That partnership is with API service provider 3Scale. The 3Scale team views the industry much like I do, that by openly educating people about the benefits of APIs and discussing the technical, business and political challenges we face in the industry--we can truly make change across all business sectors. Allowing all of us to be succesful in whatever products and services we provide.
Through the regular discussion I have with the 3Scale team, we discovered our shared desire to have such an API industry event. We discussed what the event would look like, then quickly started figuring out what it would take to make it happen. We felt we both had resources necessary to pull it off, and even though there is a lot of risk, that it was something that had to happen, for the benefit of the industry.
Here we are, 8 weeks later, and the event is a reality. I just wanted to say thanks to 3Scale for not just sharing my vision of the API industry, but also partnering with me to make this event a reality. I hope all my readers can make it to the event and participate in the discussions about APIs, platforms, mobile, and how we can all work to solve the biggest challenges in the space. This discussion will allow all of us to make significant change across all business sectors and at all levels of government using APIs.
Make sure you are there November 1st and 2nd in New York City for the API Strategy & Practice Conference, so your voice can be part of the solution.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet