Posted on 10-29-2012
When it comes to API service providers, there is one brand that I would say is widely known, but when we are talking about APIs, often gets overlooked. That company is Intel.
In addition to a whole suite of SOA and Cloud Middleware, all with an emphasis on security--Intel has a REST Web Services Gateway. This provides a simple solution to the number concern I get from potential API owners: How do I secure my API?
The Intel REST Web Services Gateway provides:
- Invoke Security Token Service credential mapping or validation
- Ensure throttling and SLAs by REST service
- Extend Enterprise audit and compliance to WOA and REST
- Detailed XML threat prevention and payload inspection
- Service virtualization, proxy, and abstraction as a policy enforcement point
- REST API security and management
If you would like to know more, or have questions make sure and come to API Strategy & Practice this week in NYC. Intel will have a session on their approach to APIs, as well as be on a panel that I’ll be moderating on API service providers. Intel is also a gold sponsor of API Strategy & Practice--the event wouldn't be happing if it wasn't for Intel. Thanks!
If that isn’t enough! I will also be doing some workshops with Intel at the Gartner AADI conference in Las Vegas, the end of November. So you will have another opportunity to speak with both of us.
If you can’t make to either New York or Las Vegas, drop me an email and I’ll get you in touch with Intel.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs