When it comes to API service providers, there is one brand that I would say is widely known, but when we are talking about APIs, often gets overlooked. That company is Intel.
In addition to a whole suite of SOA and Cloud Middleware, all with an emphasis on security--Intel has a REST Web Services Gateway. This provides a simple solution to the number concern I get from potential API owners: How do I secure my API?
The Intel REST Web Services Gateway provides:
- Invoke Security Token Service credential mapping or validation
- Ensure throttling and SLAs by REST service
- Extend Enterprise audit and compliance to WOA and REST
- Detailed XML threat prevention and payload inspection
- Service virtualization, proxy, and abstraction as a policy enforcement point
- REST API security and management
If you would like to know more, or have questions make sure and come to API Strategy & Practice this week in NYC. Intel will have a session on their approach to APIs, as well as be on a panel that I’ll be moderating on API service providers. Intel is also a gold sponsor of API Strategy & Practice--the event wouldn't be happing if it wasn't for Intel. Thanks!
If that isn’t enough! I will also be doing some workshops with Intel at the Gartner AADI conference in Las Vegas, the end of November. So you will have another opportunity to speak with both of us.
If you can’t make to either New York or Las Vegas, drop me an email and I’ll get you in touch with Intel.
|API Evangelist, Intel, Web Services Gateway|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates